The privacy, confidence and trust of individuals who visit 2-1-1 services, whether by phone, website, or app (collectively "the Services") are important to us. No personal information is collected unless provided voluntarily by an individual while participating in an activity that asks for the information. The Services are provided by organizations in the Iowa/Nebraska 2-1-1 Network (specifically the following organizations: United Way of Central Iowa; United Way of East Central Iowa; ISU Extension and Outreach; Gunderson Health La Crosse, Wisconsin, Great Rivers 2-1-1; and United Way of the Midlands; collectively, "the Parties.") This policy outlines the Parties' commitment to privacy and is designed to assist you in understanding how information is collected and used if you access the Services. The Parties may amend this policy from time to time. Any change to the policy will be reflected on this page so you remain informed about the information we collect and how we use it. By accessing the Services or by submitting information, you agree to the use of such information as described herein. Please read this policy carefully.
The Parties only collect the personal information voluntarily provided that is necessary to deliver the information or services requested by an individual. "Personal information" refers to any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual who is the subject of the information. This includes but may not be limited to such items as an individual's name, address or phone number. Statistical information that helps us understand use of the Services may be monitored for continuous improvement. Information that is not associated with any specific individual, but that can identify use of the Services, may be collected. Individuals may be asked to participate in surveys. Participation in surveys is optional and will have no effect on an individual's access to the Services.
- The Parties will not trade, share or sell personal information to anyone else except where a third-party contractor of one of the Parties is providing part of the Services.
- The Parties undertake efforts to see that any third-party contractor is under the obligation to use Personal information solely to provide the Services for the purposes for which the information was disclosed.
- Other websites that may be linked to from our website or app, including our partners' websites, maintain their own privacy policies. The Parties are not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites or organizations. You are encouraged to review the privacy policies of other organizations before providing them with personal information.
- The Parties may collect non-personally identifiable information when you go to the Parties' website(s) or use the app.
- Non-personally identifiable information may include but not be limited to browser types, technical information, operating systems used to access the site(s), ISP, user visits and this may be collected through:
- "Cookie" technology which is an element of data that a website or app can set to your browser which may then store it on your system. No personally identifiable information is tracked through Cookies.
- "IP address tracking" which occurs when you request pages from the Parties' website(s) or app and servers log your IP address which is a number that is assigned to your device.
- Using Non-personally identifiable information, services such as Google Analytics provides the Parties with research of how visitors access the Parties' information. The number of visitors received, where a visitor navigates to, the type of browser used can help the Parties optimize how information is made available on the Services.
- To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure correct use of information, the Parties put in place commercially reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure your Personal information.
- No security system is perfect, and the Parties cannot guarantee that information you provide will remain private or that information you transmit to us over the Internet will not be intercepted.